Wednesday, February 20, 2008

HOW TO CELEBRATE BROKENNESS

I thought everything will be easy as how it seemed to be. But I was wrong… I tried to keep myself busy with my work and studies… I thought this can help. Hence, I can’t concentrate on what I’m doing. It even led to backlogs and inattentiveness at school. In short…nothing happened. I hang out with my buds… strolling, play games on the arcade…Yes it did made me forget what I truly feel inside at the moment…but as soon as I got home, I can’t help but to think of what is really happening. I can’t figure it out if I will start moving on or I’ll hang up to the thought that there’s still a chance or possibility for the two of us….But when? At this very moment or when the time comes that I’m already used of not being with him? I really don’t want this to become a vicious cycle.

But then, I got this post from KERYGMA bulletin which I think would be of great help.

HOW TO CELEBRATE BROKENNESS

2Corinthians 12:8-10

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made in weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses... in hardships... in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1. What do you do with your brokenness?
Here are the four options in responding to your weaknesses:
a. Flight: bury your brokenness in an addiction.
b. Fight: get angry and bitter.
c. fantasize: cover up and pretend you're strong.
d. Feast: accept and celebrate your brokenness.

2. 5 Steps To Celebrate Your Brokenness
Step 1: Acknowledge - I acknowledge my brokenness.
Step 2: Admit - I share my brokenness with true friends
Step 3: ask for help - I seek helpand open myself to others' help
Step 4: Affect - I bless others with my brokenness.
Step 5: Accept - I accept the brokenness of others and love them.

No comments: